Monday, 29 September 2008

A Tropical Paradise in unchartered waters

Had to drive up to Lumut again for another meeting. I was determined to do something a little different this time, I just didn't know what.
I've probably driven to Lumut more than 100 times. I stop at the same places and eat at the same places. I've seen the road change many times and noticed all the new things that happen along the route.
On the way there I decided to make a quick detour. I remember seeing an Alfa 33 at a used car dealer and wanted to check it out. Sure I saw it many moons ago but decide to just take a chance anyway. Well the 33 wasn't there but there was an Alfa GTV sprint, It was in a condition that I can describe as looking it's age, and at Rm15k it wasn't a bargain you couldn't walk away from.
Got to Manjung and proceeded to buy lunch. It's so strange that the food is bungkused in black plastic bags. I mean what is it supposed to be? Maybe I walked in to a restaurant and walked out with a couple of DVD's?
So got through the meeting with the constant worry that things would fall through and finished with sometime to spare before dinner. Headed of to Billion which was having a sale, picked up a few things for Kimi and me and headed back to the Manjung office to kill some time before buka puasa, was hoping to get to Ah Choon's to get some crispy kalamari but it was closed, at which time I just decide to head back to KayEl and hope to find somewhere useful to eat along the way.
For years and years I remember always passing a restaurant near the Bidor toll, and always telling myself to check out. In the desert of bad food, this place, aptly named Coconut Island, is an oasis of good cooking and fresh ingredients. I'll update soon enough, hopefully with photos as i'll be back there soon.

Photos update

No comments: